- The Promises of the Lord are our inheritance
- The word inheritance is repeated over 50 times between ch. 13-22.
- The land is a gift of God’s Grace.
- God is the ultimate owner of the land and He alone has the final say.
2. Do not stay on the borderline, learn to go deep
- Two and a half tribes requested land beyond the Jordan.
- They were comfortable with the land as it was easy and good for pasture.
- The land became a snare for them interns of invasion and influence.
3. The Levite’s received God as their inheritance
- The special calling made them not receive land but was to live among other tribes
- They were God’s gift to the other tribes as His representatives.
- God blessed them with the gifts of the altar.