- summary of the conquest of the land
Lesson 1. The Lord does not waste our mistakes. If we are faithful He will use our mistakes to our advantage.
- Achan’s sin brought a false sense of ability to the Canaanites. They underestimated Joshua and they were defeated.
- Gibeonites deception caused kings to form alliances and thus it was easy to defeat them.
Lesson Two- faith and courage win the war. We must believe in God as our Lord and in His good plan for us if we are to succeed
. Doubts and fear cause us to lose ground.
Lesson 3. Obedience and Strategy will bring us victory.
- Through Joshua’s campaign, he won because He obeyed. His army was small so he only followed God’s instructions.
- He always attacked by surprise. This always gave him the upper hand. He forced the enemy to react to his attack and he always won.
Lesson 4 – Patience and Endurance bring Success
- Joshua’s campaign lasted a long time. It was about 7 years long. But he kept at it. Never giving up but going strong each day.
- Joshua was an old man almost 80 years old but he endured the rigours of war to inherit the promised land.
- The campaign was so demanding but the Israelites faithfully kept going.