- We Must Be Reminded that we are in our comfort zone
- Seven tribes stayed in Shiloh not wanting to venture out to occupy their lands.
- We do not know their reasons. People get stuck in comfort zones for various reasons. Including fear, laziness, opportunity e.t.c.
- Joshua reminds them that a God has given them the land, they only need to step out.
2. To Overcome Comfort Zones we need to take small steps
- They say Rome was not built in a day. To get out of your comfort zone challenge yourself to take small steps.
- Joshua asked for 3 people per tribe and sent them as spies. It is clear from this that the tribes had not even tried to venture into the land. A step out will strengthen their resolve.
3. Participation is ownership
- When we are afraid of something we usually send others.
- The seven tribes were challenged by Joshua to divide the land themselves and bring him the report.
- They did as Joshua asked and they settled into their inheritance.