Guest Preacher Pst. John Boaz From A.I.C Ruguru Text: Ruth 1:16:20
- Even in the worst of times, God has His choice of instrument
- Some of you are God’s chosen instruments in the worst of times.
- Continue to walk with God in those difficult times.
- A woman in painful and difficult times of life, three people dying, a husband, brother-in-law and father-in-law.
- Joseph sold by his brothers later he became God’s choice of instrument.
- Joseph lived with pain, resentment, grief in a foreign country, no one to encourage him; God was with him all through.
- Despite our natural desires, God is still to be glorified and placed above everything.
- Sometimes young men are driven by emotions ie; lustful eyes, sex as a weapon to fight their friends etc.
- Joseph displayed a discipline of honoring God.
1st John 2:12-14 Three things
- You have overcome world/ evil ones.
- You have known the Father.
- You are strong.
- You must not dictate your future.
- Being a widow Ruth ended up being the grandmother to Jesus.
- We live with scars, but this is not the life that our God wants. The success belongs to those who fear the Lord.