Two ordinances are clearly biblical for the Church to practice. These ordinances (in their varied presentations) are indicators that a group of people subscribe to the bear minimum expectations of the Christian Movement.
At LifePoint we practice these ordinances as simply as the Bible presents them. We are bound not by tradition but by scriptures
- It is an integral part of the great commission Matt.29:19 -20
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
- It is one of the initial steps in discipleship
- Following after Jesus’ example Luke 3:21
- Obeying His command – Matt 28:19 -20
- It is by being fully covered under water as Jesus and the first believers did it
- It is an outward testimony of a heart commitment – after giving your life to Jesus
- At LifePoint we encourage those who have not been baptized by immersion(under water) after their accepting Jesus as Savior to do so
- The Lord’s Supper – Holy Communion
- Jesus asked His followers to share in the Lord’s Table as a way of remembering Him for what He did for them on the Cross [Luke 22:7-22, 1 Cor.11:23-33]
- There is no timetable or frequency is given – At LifePoint we take it often
- The limitation as to who should/should not take it is personal and spiritual. After one should determine in his/her heart through self reflection and confession